Saturday, April 16, 2005

#17

Anyone who knows me in the least bit knows that I like coffee. I like tea too. And one of my favorite coffee shops is Starbucks. Although Ethical Addictions and Esquires rank equally high on my coffee shop list, there's just the convienience of having a Starbucks every where I go. Case in point: that intersection in Vancouver that has 2 of it's 4 corners adorned by Starbucks. And yes, I've been to them both.

So as of late Starbucks has some new cups out with "The Way I See It" on the back. Musings of ordinary people on all sorts of things. Some I agree with, some infuriate me, some just make me smile and shake my head. My favorite so far is "The Way I See It #17" written by Keith Olbermann (a broadcast journalist) and I like it so much I thought I'd share it with you.

"The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say "no"-they may not be smart enough to say "yes.""

So on that note, I urge you to go out there today, or tomorrow, or whenever you decide to move, and strut your stuff and ask for what you want until someone is smart enough to say "YES!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home