Thursday, January 12, 2006

And now for something completely different

So, I was thinking the other day (that's usually what gets me in trouble) and, although life keeps me on my toes constantly, I thought that life could be even more interesting if more things spontaneously combusted. Not that many things nowadays actually do. Today I brought my Tracker in (at 8am on my day off) to get the heatercore fixed. I asked my trusty mechanic if he wouldn't mind "accidently" catching my car on fire. We shared a mutual guffaw but I could tell that, in our heart of hearts, we are on the same page. I think it'd be great if your car (more specifically, mine) spontaneously combusted and insurance covered it.

There are many more things that I think would be fabulous in a spontaneous combustion setting. Some for entirely selfish reasons (the entire crowd at a Dave Matthews concert). Some for sheer entertainment (a slurpee "Whew! I didn't know it was that hot out!" or a coffee "I asked for extra hot but this is just ridiculous!"). What would you guys like to see spontaneouly combust? (Please, no spontaneously combusting people...we've all thought it...it's kind of getting old now:).

4 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

i resent not being able to suggest people. how about guitars? all twenty of those guitars owned by a certain someone? It could happen while he was playing, which would at least save his ego because he would look so cool, but still he would be without his wretched instruments of torture.

12:30 a.m., January 13, 2006  
Blogger Todd Bee said...

i'm pretty sure i wouldn't like it if my car spon com'd. especially if i were in it. icbc has been willing to pay for repairs we need from an accident i got in a year ago and i haven't done it..what about microwaves, then people would have a second mind about sticking their faces on them

8:31 a.m., January 13, 2006  
Blogger Nat said...

I wish traffic would spontaneously combust that way I wouldn't have to get up as early tomorrow. :o)

10:50 p.m., January 16, 2006  
Blogger Amanda said...

i wish my homework would spontaneously combust, and that it would be a perfectly valid excuse. i mean, really, who could help it?

(does it help if i give it a head start? just a little nudge into a fireplace? c'mon, please???)

10:21 p.m., January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home