Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There were pumpkins at 2 out of 2 of the places I meandered at today. The orange globes sitting proudly, like autumn's welcome mat. And it seems at though autumn is more than just beckoning...no, it has shown up with a vengeance. The rain has been spotty but thrashing. The wind is knocking the naked right onto the trees.

The hem and haw of the trees and their shameless shedding in our backyard keep teasing the motion sensor light. It looks like there will not be much rest for it tonight. Our power has ominously flickered thrice, alluding that it might take furlough. The hubby and I, with the gas fireplace aglow, are not consenting to it. I'm still working on feeling my toes, having spent the day bundled in Birkenstocks, buying their time until the snow returns.

But for now, I'm content to slip my toe-sicles under the hubb's leg and bunker down for fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home