Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birch Bay on Friday night was just what we needed! After we made it through a 3 1/2 hour border line up. And after discovering, roughly 2 3/4 hours in, that my license had expired back in February. (My passport expired in March.) My license situation turned our last 30-45 miuntes from a deliriously fantastic Ben Folds sing-along into stunned silence, worrying about being turned back once they saw my invalid face on the plastic. Probably in our favour, there was a changing of the guards and we were the first people up to the new guy. He was so nice and didn't even notice the boo-boo with my ID. We celebrated at a little Mexican place with chicken fajitas (El Cantina De Playa...or something like it...I don't know Spanish, but that'll do). And back at the trailer we celebrated with some Red Bicyclette Syrah and Yellow Tail Shiraz...who needs fancy when you've got frugal.

I did rectify my license situation today. That's why I was confident enough to post about it:) I had no idea that there is no smiling now in DL photos, just like passport photos! And I had only practiced making my smiling face. I can't wait to see what I have to live with for the next 5 years in approximately 10 days (*note the scathing sarcasm).

And this morning our landlords informed Mike that a bear had broken into our garbage can-which is stored outside beside the house's garage-and strewn our garbage all over the lawn and into the forest. Seems he climbed up the lattice on the fence and damaged our gate a little in the process. I now jingle my keys all the way to our door so I don't surprise any unsuspecting animals that could do me serious bodily harm.

I can hear my landlord fixing the gate now. If I had a hammer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home