Monday, June 20, 2005

Didge's and kayaks and Sarah, oh my!

Well, it's been a bit since I've updated this but things have been a bit of a whirl wind lately. I've had a concussion (maybe I'll tell that one later). I went kayaking with my friend Heather at Alloutte Lake where we battled white caps on a very gray and drizzly day and finished up with some soup and bagel from Timmy Ho's. I saw Sarah McLachlan at GM Place as she finished up her 'After Glow' tour and she was astounding. I met her opening band, The Perishers from Northern Sweden, and told the keyboard player I thought he was 'adorable'. I thought that I'd probably never see them again and that usaully leads me to do somewhat strange things...like telling a random man that I thought he was adorable. I bought tickets to see The Dave Matthews Band play at The Gorge August 21st and CANNOT wait to see them. Oh Dave, this has been far too long coming. I also made a video starring Lindsay, Brooke, Melisa, Erin, and myself. Maybe one day you'll get to see it. And you should want to see it...it involves my didgeridoo, shammrock sunglasses, cowboy hat, sunflowers, and licorice among other things. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish it was longer. And I'm growing a garden of herbs and assorted vegetables. Oregano, cilantro, sage, purple ruffle basil, sorel, dill, chives, spearmint, chocolate mint, jalapenos, yellow and green bell peppers, strawberries, 4 different kinds of tomatoes, zucchini, and long english cucumbers. It's going well. I did have a tea garden going but it had catnip in it (don't ask, the seeds just came that way) but one day I caught a big fat ugly black neighborhood cat eating it and it's never recovered. I guess that's almost everything in The Reader's Digest, condensed sort of way. But there will be more to follow, oh there will be more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home