Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hush-a, hush-a, we all fall down

It happened. I fell while serving. Now, as most of you who have seen me struggle to stay upright while putting on my shoes know: I was not blessed with balance. But this was not my fault, it was not simply me falling randomly, which you might expect. Nope, some guys in scullery (aka "dish pit") were fooling around, throwing salad dressing at each other and they got some on the ceramic tile in the restaurant. They were asked to clean it and simply wiped it up. Then I enter the scene unaware, a hot plate in each hand. I hit the salad dressing residue, my feet come out from under me, the plates go flying, smash on the ground, cheese toast and spinach dip adorn the tile, I continue falling and land on my right side, my hip taking the brunt of it. I was sore for a few days and 'vitamin i' was my best friend. Many people were insanely angry. The 2 scullery guys almost lost their jobs. A big mess all around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

I'm glad you've recovered Linds. You'd better watch yourself though or you'll end up under my care at VGH. :o) It's too bad it was you that fell instead of those chicken strip squanders who work there. That would have been much better.

2:18 p.m., October 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home