Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Making complete (non)sense out of chaos

I fail to put my finger on the exact moment it happened but now that it's taken over the exact moment is the least of my worries. Bedlam has come to rest for awhile...at least that makes one of us. This weekend I experienced little sleep, a trend that has been haunting me this past bit as it really does nothing for my existing issues of/with sleep. As I type this, the reality that I have had 2 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours (and counting) is starting to sink in. True, I have become somewhat more nocturnal during this past month and a half or so. But equally true is the fact that life seems to be moving at an increasingly faster rate with which I cannot compete. The question that has resided and rattled and rolled around in my gray matter as of late is whether I am to continue to "roll with the punches" or if I strive and struggle to regain control. True, I may not be experiencing my best thought processes right now but if all I can do at the moment is think than think is what I will do. I desire to do what I am able to, not what is easy, but sometimes it's hard to tell one from the other. Lord, have mercy on this, Your tired child.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Life without sleep sucks bigtime. Linds, I'm the nap queen, I could teach you a few tricks to becoming a quality napper. Napping, that's where it's at.

12:35 a.m., October 26, 2005  
Blogger Todd Bee said...

the chorus to the old radiohead song 'just' comes to mind..

8:27 a.m., October 27, 2005  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

"Don't leave me high, Don't leave me dry?"

4:46 p.m., October 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insomnia isn't fun. Do try to nap during the day if you can, it'll help a little.

What is causing the chaos? Family issues?

1:11 p.m., October 29, 2005  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

Thanks for the nap advice all. Ah, anonymous, fancy meeting you here (do I know you?)...the chaos is happening with friends, the fam is all good.

3:40 p.m., October 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home