Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Would you like some nasal spray with your wine?

Nothing says Happy Valentines Day quite like Starbucks, karaoke, nachos and $2.99 glasses of wine. Ahh, the ancient art of karaoke...that uncivilized sound that I love. From Avril and Elton to Outkast and Maroon 5 and everything inbetween. Long time listener, first time singer. The girls and I ripped it up.

As a post-Valentines gift to myself I just finished splurging $75 on antibiotics and prescription nasal spray for a sweet sinus infection that I have. It's my very first sinus infection. I'm excited.

I bought a rose for my friend yesterday. I sought it out after I finished work. Mayhem like that may only be comparable to the Tickle-Me-Elmo and Furby crazes of recent decades. And all around me: men. I was the lone woman in a sea of testosterone and normally I wouldn't have minded so much but yesterday it came just short of ak-ward! As I waited in line at the floral counter I became drunk on the fumes of Axe body spray, Old Spice deodorant, a miriad of colognes, and choch-ness. When asked if he'd like his rose wrapped, the man behind me-a fellow in his late 20's/early 30's with an excess of hair gel-announced to the line-up that he would be wearing the rose in his mouth...only the rose. This elicited a mild giggle from the other testosterone bearers in the line. His follow-up comments demonstrated to me that he was desperate for approval and that he was more than a little nervous. Being the person infront of him, and recognizing that the other males were just as in-over-their-heads and not going to offer their support, I turned around and said "Well, I hope that works out for you. If not, boy, will your face be red." He over-laughed my comment and that's when I recognized that he was in that rough of shape and lamented over the fact that I wasn't a psychiatrist so I could slip him a valium or such.

All you need is love!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Oh Lindsey I love the way you write!
Next time you feel the urge for karaoke give me a call! :)

9:07 p.m., February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home