Monday, October 27, 2008

Last night Mike and I got pets. We didn't go out and buy pets but took some from my parents house. Some of you may recall that my sister and I had 2 frogs, Nelson (mine) and Xena (hers). Well, since my sister has 3 horses, a dog and a cat at Dr. Dolittle's, oh! I mean my parents house, I didn't think she'd mind if I took the frogs.

Mike and I got them a new swanky home (a steal of a deal, big, beautiful vase from Winners) and some new decor as well (river rocks). Unfortunately, Xena was looking to be twice her normal size and after some research Mike found out she has hydrops--edema under the skin. It can be caused by a whole host of different things and there's not much we can do. So she'll either get better or head to the big pond in the sky. Between last night and this morning she shed her skin. We're hoping it's a good sign (I hope it's not because she got bigger again).

In any case, our African Dwarf Frogs/African Clawed Frogs/African Jewel Frogs (they have a few names for the same dang frogs) are 7 years old and have lived well pass their projected 12 months, and are now adding some froggy love to our basement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

congratulations on your family's expansion!! We'll expect some pics soon :-)

1:49 p.m., October 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home