Monday, August 25, 2008

Measuring time in Dave

Yes, it's that time of year again...the time where I start counting down to Dave--and the rest of DMB. 4th year running now and I can pretty much landmark the past few years of life by this event. Heading down to The Gorge to take in the beauty of the landscape, the people, and music.

Three years ago it was me and a couple of girlfriends, Heather and Amelia. Treking down, hours spent in Heather's parents van, drinking out of Nalgene's by a man-made lake, venturing to Pike Place Market, to a BBQ shack in Ellensburg, through a red light, jumping off a cliff, meeting up with friends and then on to see DMB.

Two years ago it was Heather and Michelle and I and some boy I was pretty fond of. That was the year of taking walks, late nights and early mornings, making Guac in the car. And that boy I was pretty fond of drove us down and waited in the parking lot, making friends with random American's. I had no idea where he and I were headed, but Dave played Crash that year...I should have seen the sign;)

Last year it was just he and I...we forgot to co-ordinate ticket purchases with Heather and Michelle. We had a better idea of where we were headed--little did I know he'd spring the ring on me in less than a month from then. We set up our tent, travelled and camped together really well. I think there's something to be said for going camping together. My parents always told me that if you could go camping together and survive there wasn't much else you couldn't conquer (they had to set up a new tent in the dark without instructions and they're at least 30 years in to marriage:).

This year I'm heading down to DMB, a married woman of all things. We'll meet Heather and Michelle down there. Driving to Birch Bay Friday night, getting up early enough to make it to DMB at The Gorge by 6:30, and then waking up early again to have time enough to stop at the Premium Outlets/Pike Place and be back in town to say good-bye to our senior pastor at 6:30. Oh vey! Not the most relaxing DMB trip for us, but it will be fun no less.

Off on another adventure!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow - what a bunch of great memories. It's fun to see where you were each year. I remember the fabulous duty free you brought me after your trip two years ago, how tired you were at Cultus, and the cool mini-golf.

I hope you will have many more fantastic DMB memories for years to come.

3:07 p.m., August 26, 2008  
Blogger Stephanie said...

SO! How WAS Dave? I've seen him a couple times in concert, but never have experienced the Gorge nor Dave at the Gorge. I missing out, aren't I?

7:13 p.m., September 04, 2008  
Blogger the camerons said...

Ah Linds, ooba tuba uba! Miss you.

3:12 p.m., October 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home