Thursday, August 04, 2005

Accident Free: 3 days

So, summer doesn't appear to be the high time of blogging. I mean, a lot is happening in that wide wild world but who has time to blog about it?

Remember seeing those signs at work places like mills and even department stores (I miss you Sears) that post how many days they've been "accident free"? The mill that's just east of Silver Mirror Lake in Mission comes to mind. They're on a serious accident free roll...that sign hasn't changed in months! Seriously, the number is always the same. Doesn't go up or down. I'm onto them. Well, I've been considering wearing one of those signs right around my neck. Or maybe I could get it printed up on a shirt and have velcro numbers that I could change. Summer may not be a high time for blogging but my clutz quotient has sky-rocketed!

Let's see, earlier this summer I was bare-backing my sister's horse, got swept off him by a big branch and got a concussion. Last week I was sliding down a banister and I suppose I was a little over-zealous because I ended up falling over backwards and grabbed for whatever I could. So instead of riding my head down a flight of stairs I sprained my thumb. And disaster struck when I went to the fireworks last Saturday for Sweden. We were on the verge of being late, running toward the Burrard Street Bride when the toe of my flip-flop caught on the sidewalk. The Skittles I had presently been holding were strewn all over the sidewalk, as was I. My flip-flop was busted stuff-you guessed it-as was I. A friend fixed my flip-flop but my knee bled through my pants and has some pretty incredible bruising and we had to go to the emergency room for one of my hands because we couldn't get the gravel out. But my dear friends Heather and Lindsay made triage fun. We took some pictures and even some video. Last, and the very anti-climatic least, I walked into a stool at a friends house and now am the proud owner of a brand new big fat bruise. That was Monday. I've now successfully navigated my way through Thursday. My t-shirt (if I had one) would read "Accident Free 3 days".

All this, especially this last week, has been such a physical reminder of the way I feel coming to God sometimes. I try so hard to love Him, to show Him my devotion, give Him my heart, only to be blind-sided, fall over and have to come to Him for yet another band-aid. Just another reminder that my feeble and finite ways will never be enough. I need just rest in Him and leave the rest up to Him.

So I end another day. A little worse for the wear, but a little closer to the prize I strive for and a lot more thankful to still be alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Bee said...

haha that's awesome...i couldn't think of a better candidate for the velcro numbered accident free shirt. you should make a wish list and add a blank shirt and velcro numbers to it haha...anywyas i didn't want to leave your comment hanging so...conside rit an accepted and equally enthusiasticly returned high five...me good engrish

2:26 p.m., August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home