Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Crazy's got nothing on Martha

So my love for cupcakes has been brought out and solidified since me and my Cupcake Man (as some of you call him) got together. The man knows his stuff. So after some proding (thanks Deanna) I decide "I'll make some Christmas cupcakes for the kids I know". Shortly after I'm flipping through a Martha Stewart Kids magazine (I swear it wasn't mine!) and see some adorable cupcakes and I immediately know that they're the ones.

Last night I started on some of the toppers. Yeah, these cupcakes are a multi-part project. They involve almonds made into penguins. I started with 60 and through the process of natural selection-a.k.a. culinary mishaps-the final usable number is 48.

They took roughly 2.5 hours. Children are suppose to make these. Martha is beyond crazy.

I want to stop but I'm in too deep now. You're children will all have fancy cupcakes sometime this weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Way to go! I've decided that anything that Martha writes about isn't easily done by anyone (except maybe 4ever29! LOL) but maybe it's only me who finds she makes everything more complicated than it needs to be.

Hey did you get my email? Don't forget to look in your mailbox at Church, k? We won't be there Sunday.

4:39 p.m., December 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still a kid at heart!

12:56 p.m., December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowsers! Gee, I was thinking the odd festive cheer stuck onto a cupcake, maybe licorice for antlers . . . you know!

gee, am I a kid? I think I'd appreciate it way more than a REAL kid.

And Matt's always a kid . . .

Deanna

4:00 p.m., December 14, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

Cupcake Man approves of the penguins.

You should just make batches of those for the holidays. Save the cupcakes for me.
;)

12:31 p.m., December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having been blessed by penguin cupcakes delivered to our door, I must say, Martha has nothing on Lindsey!

Although, I do think buying gummy penguins from the Sweet Factory would be easier.

Deanna
PS I made my paper chain today!

7:12 p.m., December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cupcakes!

Spiderman went and got a copy of a magazine and showed me a recipe for making penguins out of olives cream cheese and carrots- so funny that he though of that. We all enjoyed the cupcakes. No Name shredded the cupcake once he ate the icing and I had to vacuum the poor child and 2 sq meters around him.

Thanks again

8:25 a.m., December 19, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

I liked the almond penguins the best. They rocked. FYI - #3 loved your cupcake (and it was still moist). He didn't have very much but just like our other two he couldn't eat it fast enough!

Thank you :-)

9:13 a.m., December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home