Sunday, December 03, 2006

The LLC and other random events

Yesterday, after a relaxing afternoon of TV watching and napping (ok, only I was falling in and out of sleep) and Timmy Ho's chili, we headed into Vancouver to see our friend (I inherited her from Mike) Holly preform in the Elektra Womens Choir. It was amazing. We hadn't had dinner though and it started at 7:30pm so right before intermission I was food delirious and made a comment that almost sent me into a laughing spazm if I hadn't been biting my lips. One of the choir's co-directors was telling us that they had comissioned So-And-So to arrange a piece involving the childrens choir, the womens choir, the piano, the organ, and the harp...at which point I whisper to Mike "And a monkey wearing spandex". Sheesh! I thought that was quite a tall order so I thought I would just throw something else outrageous into the mix. It was almost our undoing.

Afterwards we needed to get some eats because we were hungry and The Cactus Club was mentioned. I explained in the car that this might be the one my cousin works at. Mike informed Holly and Stephanie that I hadn't seen that cousin since 1998. We arrived and as soon as we walked in I looked to the back and said to Mike "That's him...in the back with the blue shirt". So as we were seated I ducked my head behind the pass-through and said "Kyle!" he came over and I educated him with, "I'm your cousin Lindsey. I'm R and J's oldest daughter." He was a little shocked, but in a good way. He wondered how long it had been and I told him it was when we came to the island for Chirstmas of '98, which he barely remembered. He came to our booth and I introduced him to Mike and our other friends. I got his number and we have plans to get together, now that we're both on the mainland (his family-my Dad's brother and co.-grew up on the island). When the bill came he had given us the staff discount of 50% of our bill (he's the night manager there and just got promoted to day manager starting Wednesday...nice hook-up, eh?). Nice touch cuz! I then informed my table that he was now my favorite cousin. Through out our dinner we had called him my "long-lost cousin" and it got shortened to my LLC.

Thanks to my LLC, I feel extra Christmas-y right now. For various other reasons too, yesterday was one of my favorite Saturdays in recent memory. Bring on that Christmas cheer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a whole load of LLCs!! And even a LLS (sister) and LLB (brother)!! This meant I then had LLN (niece)! And since LLS just became plain old little sister, I got to be there when she had delightful twin girls in September!

None of my cousins have been horribly generous although I got to see my same smile mirrored back to me by the son of my father's twin. A bit creepy but nice.

Deanna

9:35 p.m., December 03, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

I'm still going to kick myself a little bit for forgetting to take my camera out. I mean, it was right in my pocket and you guys talked for at least 10 minutes. The smart thing would have been to take a freakin' picture!

10:21 a.m., December 04, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

I like the 50% off family dealio. My NLLS (non-long lost sister) works at White Spot and I occasionally check out the goods there... but only the drive-in portion. You know, where they put your food through your window on a tray... it's mint.

3:13 p.m., December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home