Thursday, December 21, 2006

Just one more sleep

I don't have the time to be interesting and witty right now, but if you hang on just a little longer I might be able to manage something. It seems the cupcakes were a success and that couldn't make me more happy because by the time I finished all of them I couldn't wait to see the march of the penguins...right into waiting tummies.

Last weekend was busy, but fantastic. We had a night in with some guac, wine, and a movie. I saw my very first NHL/Canucks game. They wore their vintage uniforms and they looked splendid. And they won! I cannot wait for the other games. We had an impromtu hang out with some severely great folks and their children while dropping off cupcakes. We went to Mike's Grandma's birthday. And lastly, we finished off the weekend seeing some good friends of mine who are in town from Moosejaw and Mike got to play a Wii. Whew!

This week work has been crazy. The crazy actually started last week. There is no way that children should be in school this close to Christmas. They have all mutated into vicious elf-like creatures...you never know when one of them will turn on you. You even have to call the good kids name's at least 3 times before they register the glimmer of a look that tells you they heard you. But there is just 1 more sleep to go before school lets out for Christmas!

Hope your Christmas preparation is going well. May you also have time enough to prepare your heart to receive anew the wonder and awe of our Savior being born. How great the gift of Emmanuel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike H said...

I've been dealing with vicious elf-like creatures, too. Except they've been like that all year.

Wine tonight, and guacamole. Is there really any better way to celebrate your holiday from the horde of sugar high children?
Yeah, there probably is, but I'm just gonna stick with Wine and Guacamole. Safer.

5:21 p.m., December 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsey! I need your email!! So many times, I think, "Gee, I wish I could send Lindsey this picture of one of her penguins." And I can't!

And now I found this site:
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/minisite2/cakes_and_cupcakes/

and have to comment on your blog to send it to you! Oh, the hardships!

Deanna

4:59 p.m., December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home