Friday, January 05, 2007

Wah-wah-wee-wah!

So far '07 is off to a great start. Plenty of Starbucks, a little work, a lot of play, a turkey dinner with Mike's family, Body Worlds 3 at Science World, dinner and visit with some very fine friends and their cute kids, those same friends let me try out their Wii (LOVE IT! I think this is the gaming system for me), guacamole, snow (slushy as it is/was), and the beat goes on.

On the 2007 line-up we already have 2 weddings to attend (March 31st and May 19th), a baby-sitting gig next weekend followed by dinner and a visit, a possible trip to Blasted Church Winery (I'm hoping it's not the same weekend as one of the weddings), a birthday dinner for a friend in February, 3 children's birthday parties to attend in January...oy vei, enough with the poodles already!

Now, do not be alarmed, but you only have 9 days left. 9 days in which to experience Body Worlds 3 at Science World. We went with Mike's brother, his sister and her boyfriend. We also saw some other friends there and chatted for a minute or 2. Now, I realize some of you may think this exhibit is sketchy but I thought it was astounding! As Borat would say "Wah-wah-wee-wah!" I saw plastinated bodies and body parts such as clogged arteries vs. a healthy artery, smoker lungs vs. regular lungs, emphysema, lungs with cysts, brains, Alzheimers brain, stroke brain, livers and spleens-enlarged for various reasons and regular...and I touched a plastinated kidney. It felt just like plastic/rubber. And we saw a sliced cross-section (head-to-toe way) of an obese, 300 pound, 50 year-old man who died of something to do with his heart. That was incredibly gross. But don't worry, the last 3 days they are open for 60 hours straight. Just do it.

2007, I think you're winning me over. Oy vei, enough with the poodles already!*



*Anybody catch this TV show reference?

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh that may be 4 children's birthday parties in January! Well if you want to come to #2's party. Not sure when or where yet but I'm working on it. Maybe you could just stop by and give her a hug on the 23rd. That would be good too. I think the party will be on the weekend before or after.

6:26 p.m., January 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you old enough to remember Fraggle Rock? Well, I guess we aren't really too far apart in age, eh?

2007 should rock! yay. I'm looking forward to it. I just plain like writing 2007 and so far, have remembered the change in date.

I just can't bring myself to see the body exhibits. I got the teacher CD, though but need to watch it. Oh the things I can subject our poor Korean student too! "OH look what they have in Canada, dead bodies that are preserved so we can look at it. Come now, come see the dead babies." There are many more ways we can warp him, especially here on the farm.

Babbling on,
Deanna

5:40 p.m., January 07, 2007  
Blogger Mike H said...

Wah-wah-wee-wah! should be our motto for the next few months.

11:47 a.m., January 09, 2007  
Blogger Cathy-Jo said...

Hey there...glad to see that 2007 is looking like a good one. Just wanted to say "I'm home"...and would love to see you once I'm adjusted to the time and weather and such...=) Love you.

2:52 p.m., January 10, 2007  
Blogger Nat said...

Sounds like 2007 is going to be a blast. I miss hanging out Linds. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Hope to see you and Mike on the 31st of March.

4:02 p.m., January 13, 2007  
Blogger amelia said...

Hey Lindsey! Update your post already...and coming from me...who never posts....get on it. I love to hear all the cool things that are happening in your life.

2:42 p.m., January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home