Sunday, February 26, 2006

Cheers Darling!

This one's for you anonymous...Cookoothama Shiraz is fantastic. (I mispelled it in the previous post.) It's from Australia and I discovered it while dinning at The Sandbar last weekend and it was then that I knew I needed to own an entire bottle of the goodness. But don't take it lightly...it's not for the faint of heart (or should I say palate...). I'm no sommelier, though I'd like to be, so I'll just let some others do the describing (all quotes taken from websites):

-Deep crimson in appearance with youthful purple hues. Attractive rich toasty oak supports the ripe cherry/plum fruit aromas. Great intensity of flavour with excellent fruit weight, balancing oak and a supple tannin, alcohol and acid foundation. A long and rewarding finish.

-A good, dense red with plenty of spice and stuffing making this wine sturdy enough to stand up to your food matching skills, but still gentle enough to sip into the evening after dinner.

-Complex aromas of spiced berry, plum and cherry. On the palate, rich flavours of blackberry, chocolate and earth are enhanced by well-integrated vanillin oak and velvety tannins.

If this wine were a man, I'd be interested in persuing a committed long-term relationship involving a proposal and ring. Personally, I'll just say that the things that rang true for me were the berry, chocolate, and oak flavors, great intensity, and long and rewarding finish. I look forward to many more good times with Cookoothama, great friends, and-no Lindsey toast is complete without it-bad girls. Cheers darling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home