Thursday, April 20, 2006

Life is a highway

And I need a car so I can ride it all night long! Since Ruth turned her last corner I've been driving my family's brown '86 Ford F250, long box, extended cab truck-mostly kept for it's ability to haul vast amounts of hay and affectionately known as Big Brown around our house. But I think the fact that I can control that beast of twisted metal makes me hot.

There was a car I had found and loved and lined up and then it failed our mechanic's inspection, so it's onward and upward from here. I'm going to check out a VW on Thursday (the only day I could coordinate with my family in order to have a smaller ride) and I'm hoping it works out. Especially since I've been lusting after VW's in most forms since before I could drive.

On the upside I have enough car salesman cards to start up an official collection. I don't know at what quantity a collection becomes 'official' but I'm pretty sure that mine qualifies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike H said...

I think if you have more than 3 you have a collection.

30 and you have yourself a hobby.

Now, 300? That's more of an addiction. But I've worked past it now, it's all good.

10:19 a.m., April 24, 2006  
Blogger heather said...

it's a moot point because nobody wants to date a used car salesman.

10:52 a.m., April 24, 2006  
Blogger Nat said...

Praying that you find the right car. A word of warning from a previous VW owner - just make sure you really check it out before you buy - fixing VWs can be a pain in the %$@. :o)

2:20 p.m., April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home