Saturday, March 18, 2006

Last time I was stalked...

I've now studied-albeit mildly-for a bit of an oral exam later on in the form of a discussion over coffee. And, incase you're wondering, It really is an exam/test of sorts for work to see what I need to brush up on and not to check if any one has made it to the next round. I'm talking terms and concepts and all of that goodness that gives me test anxiety. I think they thought that doing it over coffee might lessen my anxiety but now I just have a new one: crying in public. I know I won't but I'm just a ball of worry in these kinds of situations. And I've also practiced for choir which happens tonight. First time in choir in 7ish years. First time I've practiced for choir on purpose...ever. Now I've hit a bit of a lull in my day and so begins the story of my adventure yesterday...

Maybe I was asking for it. It was St. Patrick's Day. I was not wearing green. Not visibly at least. I was taking a walk through Rocky Point, enjoying God in all His manifest glory in nature and I came to one of the boardwalks with swamp/marsh on one side and some bush on the other. As I walked across I heard something in the bushes and I thought "Oh great, a bear" because they had a sign posted that one was in the area. Instead, I turn around to find a huge coyote stalking me 5-6 feet away. The last time "something" stalked me he sat beside me in Linguistics 101 in the CANL portable, wrote me warped poetry, and showed up a concert creepily and uninvited. Now, coyote's are usual pretty small and scrawny, so when I say huge I mean it looked like a wolf. I've never seen one that big before. I didn't think a coyote would actually try to take on a human but just incase I backed away while staring into it's eyes so it would know that it would have to be latched onto my leg before I was showing fear. There was a moment where we really connected and I realized that he was my spirit guide and should carry an amulet of a coyote around my neck from now on. I'm totally jesting about that last part. What do you take me for?

All in all, it was more magnificent than it was scary. Thus I have survived the wild, once again, mostly unscathed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home