Thursday, April 20, 2006

So Much To Say...

...but it will have to wait for another time. Right now it's time to say "Goodbye trusty steed, goodbye". Yes, the inevitable has come true. I was on the way to a friend's studio to record a little didgeridoo for the TR cd and as I rounded a corner my engine gave way.

Every light on the dash lit up, each in their glory, smacking of a time I saw the sun gloriously peeking through the clouds over the English Chanel and thought how amazing it looked. This was amazing in an entirely different way. Amazing in the way that I recognized right away that this was most likely Ruth's swan song as I coasted around the corner and into the parking lot of an Indian food restaurant. My friend's wife, Jeanette, came and rescued me and we got the didg track done. Then Heather came and picked me up and she fed me a burger. We had a marathon of laughs ala Dodgeball (Vince!), Saved (what can one say?), and Strictly Ballroom (oh Baz) and then she took me home.

I'm sure there will be more to come as this story unfolds-Ruth is still in the parking lot, I need to find a car today-but let me just say that this has been one wild and bittersweet ride with my dear Tracker Ruth. At a time such as this only Dave seems remotely adequate or appropriate: "Lights down, you up and die".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey,

I must be Mr. Nobody! Call me if you need a ride.
Suzanne

8:20 a.m., April 20, 2006  
Blogger Cathy-Jo said...

Hey Lindsey,

I'm done my exams on Saturday morning. So if you're still carless, I'll be available to chauffeur you around all next week!

12:32 p.m., April 20, 2006  
Blogger Sylvia said...

I can proudly say I was one of the last to experience Ruth's prowess. good-bye dear tracker-of-lindsey's. Good luck on the car search

4:27 p.m., April 20, 2006  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hmm, and here I thought you just REALLY liked indian food every time I drove by...

4:50 p.m., April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home