Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sunshine, Candlelight, and Oceans

Take that weather man! It's a filthy gorgeous day and you called for rain. It's (kind of) my day off and I awoke to the sunshine sneaking through the blinds of my freshly cleaned room. Yesterday cleaning hit a fever pitch when I developed 3 piles of clothes as I purged my room: put away, put in laundry, and put in trash. That last pile was liberating. It was also liberating to take a poster off the wall that has been up there for 6 or 7 years. Not a monumental moment in my life, just a little liberating, as the crowd chanted "Toss it! Toss it! Toss it!"

Good thing I cleaned because later that night I lit some candles, made some tea, listened to the ocean on this incredible machine I have, and relaxed with a friend. So much goodness. I think from now on I'll live by candlelight and a few softly lit lamps that cast cryptic shadows on the wall. For optimum results, life is best lived in sunshine and candlelight.

Earlier this week Heather and I went kayaking from Belcarra Park to Raccoon Island on Indian Arm and it was fantastic. We ate lunch on Racoon Island and it was there that we met Simon the Seal. As Heather describes him, "Simon dislikes ducks and geese and enjoys it when Lindsey blows him kisses and clucks at him." I can't wait to get back there and visit our seal friend Simon.

The sunshine and the freshly brewed coffee beckon to me and I'm not one for ignoring that much excellence.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Sounds like you had a glorious day Linds. I'm glad. All this talk about candles makes me want to go light some . . .

I saw a seal at Rocky Point once too - we called him Simon. I like to name things and Simon is just such a perfect seal name.

11:50 p.m., March 23, 2006  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

Maybe it's the same seal! That would be incredible. Let's pretend it is the same seal:)

7:29 a.m., March 24, 2006  
Blogger Cathy-Jo said...

Maybe your joyful cleaning blitz will motivate me to plow trhough my own room. Incredible how quickly a relatively organized space can become overgrown and almost inhabitable...

Coffee soon please...haircuts and bible studies are not cuttin' it for me...=)

4:06 p.m., March 28, 2006  
Blogger heather said...

today is a good day for sunshine and oceans, and maybe even some candlelight... i'm excited.

2:12 p.m., March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home