Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It was meant for me

Wow. I just watched-nay, experienced!-the movie Amelie for the first time last night. My only sadness: that it took me so long to discover it (thanks Heather for owning it). It feels like the movie was made for my taste. It's witty, charming, poetic, refreshing and many more good things. I love love love the lines in the movie. A couple of the subtitles that remain mulling around in my gray matter this morning include: "He used to collect footprints", "Times are hard for dreamers", "Psychos are the last straw", "Vive la France! You scalded me!", "Without you, todays emotions would be the scurf of yesterdays". There are so many more that I can't exactly recall right now but just know that you should probably watch Amelie. It's a good thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

I feel compelled to comment that in this context, it is the negative 'nay' that you are locking for, not the specifically equestrian 'neigh' which you have used. But horses are cool too.

11:53 a.m., February 28, 2006  
Blogger Nat said...

At last - we agree on a movie! I too really enjoyed Amelie. Very unique film. Oh, and did I tell you I watched Garden State? Also a good film. Except for the guy you think is hot looks like my friends husband. :oP

4:32 p.m., February 28, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

I've seen it too and loved enough to watch it more than once - rare for even me.

10:03 a.m., March 01, 2006  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

Heather, thanks for the heads-up. I fixed the word. I'm the type of poet who occasionally spells things differently on purpose for effect. Alas, this was not one of those times. Nat, at last!!! Sara, I would expect no less from a woman with your taste;)

11:15 a.m., March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home