Monday, May 01, 2006

Aiyeee!

So the time has come...as of Saturday, Ruth has officially been replaced. Now I'm rocking the silver 2002 Kia Sportage. It's a 5-speed 4x4 so I've been having an adventure learning how to drive standard. I've conquered a minor hill, made it through a drive-thru (with a stall), worked on starts (there was a lot of me almost peeling out), and me generally trying to conquer the stick. This has consequently been an adventure for my friends Heather (she's the one who got me started off and has been a patient teacher) and Mike (he's been helping me in the finer points and directing me to little spoken of knowlege regarding standards). I think by the time I get my parents in the yet-nameless Kia (they're actually dying to get in but I don't want to give them whiplash) they won't be afraid...well, no more than when I drove an automatic. I'm toying around with a couple of names (this vehicle is defiantely male) but I'd like to sit on it a little more before I start thowing stuff out there. Until then...AIYEEEEE!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

linds I am so happy for you!

I am excited to ride in your new hot hot car!

12:50 p.m., May 01, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

I'm a 'finer points' kind of guy.

I know I've already said this, but you made leaps and bounds the other day. By the end of the evening you were an amazing driver.

Hey-oh!

1:45 p.m., May 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerome? Mr. T? Reuben? How about Mr. Nobody?

2:10 p.m., May 01, 2006  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Yippee! I am excited to see your new car! hooray!

3:45 p.m., May 01, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

How 'bout you name him somewhere you've always wanted to go? I can't think of anything clever at the moment....but I did see him and we was very shiny and pretty...I mean, handsome.

Maybe you could call him Mr. Rideout. There's a woman from our church with that last name and it might work...Or Hank Williams....Or Heigh Ho Silver...

4:23 p.m., May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home