Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer of Mayhem

Well, I've been a horrible blogger lately...my apologies. This Summer of Mayhem just keeps rolling on and I'm just trying to keep up. But for right now I'll leave you with a little story.

Yesterday I took a little friend of mine (under 10 years old) to Golden Ears to hike the Lower Falls. We stopped and swam in the river, we checked out the falls, I had to convince my little friend that-contrary to popular belief- it would not actually be fun to ride down the waterfall, tubes or otherwise. As many of you know, the outdoor-types are generally pretty friendly...you walk by, throw out a 'hello' or a smile. Some ladies asked me if they were halfway there yet and I told them "4 short wooden bridges and a hill and you're there". Right after that I said hello to some other friendly-looking folks. About 20 seconds later my young friend said "Excuse me, Lindsey", "Yeah bud?", "Could you stop talking to strangers please?", "You bet". "You bet" was just easier than differentiating between strangers. And I'll leave you all with that for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

hehe smartypants. That kid knows what he's doing.

3:25 p.m., August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids rock my world!
Nuff said

10:25 a.m., August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home