Friday, May 19, 2006

Of Cupcakes and Anatomy

Well, the cupcakes didn't fly off the table at the manor party. I think I should have used labels because it's seems that people didn't know what to make of them. But my compadre's thought they were yummy. Heather tried a cherry one. Mike opted for a couple of lemon. Guess I should have just gone with some pretty icing so people knew what they were getting into. Such creatures of habit, aren't we?

The three of us headed out on a Rocky Point excursion. Heather and I simply walked but Mike went all out and practiced his extreme walking skills. The judges loved him and he beat out the favoured Russian to take first place. And then we met up with a couple of coyotes. One on a bridge and one that Mike chased into the bush. We were walking through a part that makes me think of hobbits because the trees bend over the path in an arch all pretty-like and then these coyotes come out and it made me think of the movie Willow and those weird dog/pig animals (that is, if anyone else has had the misfortune of watching it...although it's hilarious in a horrible movie sort of way).

Then we hit a playground with a fantastic tube slide. I climbed over and up it. Heather made me think, for awhile, that she was going to do it too but shortly after 1/2 way up I realized it was not going to happen. But, hey, she cheered me on and that's cool too. And there are some fantastic pictures of us hanging onto said-slide on the upswing of our sugar rush (thank you 7-11 and Slurpee). We decided to make trains down the slide. Heather/Lindsey-this combo made Heather biff her head but we tried it again. Lindsey/Heather-it worked out just fine. Heather/Lindsey/Mike-the cusp of it all, though we moved as if in slow motion. Swings and slides and climbing, oh my!

Heather also sucked me into her world of watching an entire season of a show in one sitting, not that I'm complaining. Last night, enter Grey's Anatomy. Sure, Dr. McDreamy is sauve and his hair looks like perfection and he can rock the brown suede jacket, but I'll take George thank you. Shaggy haired, fumbly, kind, caring, wear his heart-on-his-sleeve, adorable George. I slipped in and out of sleep during the season 1 marathon but when I would wake up during snippets of an episode to Heather saying "Linds! Wake up! Did you just hear that line?!" I realized that I was missing parts of episodes that I had already seen and I felt okay about that. All in all, love Grey's Anatomy. I missed the season finale and that made me super sad, especially since Mike told us how they used a Snow Patrol song in it (fantastic band, thank you Mike). Grey's knows where it's at.

Tonight's agenda: The DaVinci Code! Or as Mike calls it, The DaVinci-Thon. Which means I better go finish up the book as I'm down to the wire!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I am a HUGE Grey's fan. I also love George more than McDreamy. He's more like a McMeanie sometimes.

I like Izzie, so I cried at the season finale. And she was wearing such a pretty dress!

I even have Nate hooked too.

1:35 p.m., May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah Da Vinci Code!!!

crazy family things...
But I know that you will have fun without me! :P

3:02 p.m., May 19, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

Wow, I'm featured prominently in this post.

Go me!

12:56 a.m., May 20, 2006  
Blogger heather said...

mmm... I heart George. This discussion kind of reminds me of guys I used to hang out with in high school that complained to me that girls always went for the bad guy and tried to turn him good instead of just going for the nice guy in the first place. Are we older and wiser now? Perhaps, but part of me still likes a badass boy. What to do?

12:29 p.m., May 20, 2006  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

Sara-Izzie is amazing. Way to hook the hubby:)

Michelle-Too bad you weren't there but yay!!!! for your dad and you gals!

Mike-That's what happens when you rock. Hey-Oh!

Heather-I'm finished with the badasses. I'm now a woman who knows what she wants and I just want a nice guy. Bring it!

1:24 p.m., May 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home