Friday, June 30, 2006

It's 8:27am

I shouldn't be up. I'm on vacation. I haven't managed to sleep past 9am, and even that morning I actually woke up in the neighborhood of 6am and desperately tried to go back to sleep. I'm on vacation and I'm worried because I haven't managed to find my sleep groove. Sleeping has never been one of my specialties but this is ridiculous.

In other vacation news, I've actually been quite productive. Or maybe 'busy' is a more suitable word. I've single-handedly assembled a free standing hammock and one of those swingy benches. Upon further inspection of the swing instructions I discovered that it read "Requires at least 2 people for assembly" and then I felt like a bit of a man. I mean, it would have been nice to have someone else there to make the process more entertaining but I managed. A girl who wants a swing will not let measely instructions stop her! Now if I could just get Juan, the pool boy, to hurry up with that mojito...

Horror of all horrors, I also went swimsuit shopping. I mean, it was the "I went to Swim Co." swimsuit shopping...I wasn't messing around. I walked in there and I felt my stomach turn as I spied with my little eye a gaggle of tanned tarts configured by the back. Since there was no way I was letting any of them help me, I thought I was on my own in the big, cruel world of swimsuits. But then this kind-eyed pixie of a girl came to help me and I could tell she wasn't like the rest-I bet they shunned her because she had heart-and so I let her help me. She was fantastic! I actually felt alright by the time I got out of there. But since we're suppose to feel severely bad by the time we make a purchase of this callibre, I decided to head to the Body Shop and I treat myself to some new perfume. And then later I treated myself to Feist 'Open Season' (album of remixes and now my soundtrack of summer).

This weekend is jam packed with goodness and then we leave for the island on Tuesday to visit my Nana and Papa which will be relaxed goodness. Ahh, hello summer, long-awaited old friend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

ahhh excellent a successful swim suit adventure! I had the same "fun" on tuesday. I tried on a bizillion suits and settled on the least frightening. Justin broke the well established rules by taking a picture of me in said suit and I look horrific so now I am not so sure...

love the tanned tarts line!!!

9:49 a.m., June 30, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

Island bound, wahoo!

That k-os remix of Mushaboom is my new favourite... wait, I mean the live acoustic version of Inside + Out is my new favourit... I mean, that Postal Service remix is my new favourite.

Aww, to heck with it. I can't pick favourites. It's just a great album overall.

4:12 p.m., June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home