Friday, June 09, 2006

Yes Officer!

So, as of late I've found myself in that space of blogger-ness when I have much to blog about and nothing to blog about, all at the same time. Much Ablog About Nothing? Not quite what the situation is-actually not at all-but I'll roll with it because, hey, it's not everyday when you can spin the Bard to your liking. And we all know it's been awhile since I've posted (my sincere apologies Magnificant M, I'll try not to let it happen like this again).

I won't recount Pitt Meadows Day because Heather's already done that and I don't want to deal with the grief I'll get if I do that. That coupled with the fact that she did a fantastic job. I will say that in the midst of all the festivities Mike and I dropped by our friends house to help celebrate her 7th birthday. It was great and cake like that doesn't come around everyday (neither do kids that cute...they're in my top 10). Ahh, to be 7 again. I don't remember significantly large portions of it, but I know it was good and just knowing is enough.

There was Amanda's bridal shower this week. Good people, good times, sweet haul. I made cupcakes for it and the people there genuinely seemed to enjoy them. Maybe it was because they were decorated all pretty-like, but I'd just like to throw out a "Take that Manor party!" During the shower we played a couple of games and one involved finishing off proverbs of bygone days. The clincher happened when Heather read out "True love..." and Lindsay and I yelled out "Waits!" in perfect unison. People laughed at us, but I informed them that we were just by-products of Christian subculture. FYI: It's "True love conquers all" which has a more romantic and endearing ring to it than shouting out "Waits!".

The rest of my unblogging time has been spent hanging out and soaking up the greatness and fun of those around me.

I'll finish off my random post by drawing the title in at this point. So, the other day at school we were doing some fun things for a unit on bees invloving permanent markers. One of the boys got felt on his arm and went to wash it off except there was no paper towel so he came back to work with his partner and she exclaimed "You just got water on me!" To which he responded, with a sideways smirk, "Sorry officer." I laughed loud and long and hard.

Over and out big trucker.

7 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

ruddy hilarious, friend. true love waits, indeed. i guess we'll see. i don't know what i'm talking about. i'm typing with one hand. no, that does not only happen in adult chat rooms.

sorry, officer.

8:47 p.m., June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty much I love little kids!

Also Linds, I am excited to take part in some of those pretty cup cakes one day!

8:19 a.m., June 10, 2006  
Blogger Magnificent M said...

ahhh, all is well in the blogger world again. You know some of us wait with baited breath for more blogging - don't disappoint your fans.

10:22 a.m., June 10, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

I love cupcakes.

10:30 a.m., June 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! EY your blog made my day. love how you wrote about our "true love...WAITS!" outburst. classy outburst indeed. did we spend 4 years at Tdub by any chance?? in any event, it's my quote of the month ;)

5:49 p.m., June 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps those cupcakes were frickin awesome.

5:50 p.m., June 14, 2006  
Blogger Magnificent M said...

okay Heather I just read your comments and after a glass of red wine found them to be "ruddy hilarious" I dont even want to know why you had to type with one hand?!?!?!

9:11 p.m., June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home