Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Things I prayed for

Today in class the wee one's did 'passing prayer' where they pray and then tap their neighbor when they are done to pass the prayer along. I love it when children pray. It's one of my favorite things. It always keeps me on the edge of my seat to hear what they will chat to God about. Today was no different.

They thanked God for candy and asked that their mosquito bites would be healed. They prayed for people "on the other side of the world", that they would be safe and that God would heal them and give them what they need. They asked for healing for friends and family. They thanked God for sending Jesus. They praised Him for all that He has given them. The one that struck me today was a girl who said "And thank you God that You are going to keep us safe today when we go on our fieldtrip".

Did you catch that? "That You are going to keep us safe..." When He said "Oh you of little faith" it doesn't seem that He was talking to the children. I can't remember the last time that I thanked God in advance for what He would do in my life. Now I find myself in a place where I'm looking back over the past 10 months and seeing how perfectly God has orchestrated where I am. Things have come together in these past 2 months like I never thought they could. I was asking for scraps and He was setting me a place at His banqueting table. Now that I'm here I am flabbergasted. Now that I'm here I would not trade those rough 8 months for 8 fantastic ones because everything is so much sweeter now having come out the other side. I appreciate it because I know I don't deserve any of it but that my God loves me and gifts me and blesses me with more than what I deserve.

It's been humbling and amazing and I thank God for what He is going to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

When we look back and actually get a glimpse at the complex plan woven for us, it is breathtaking. His plan is good, even when we don't realize or understand that. In my toughest times I couldn't understand why God would burden us - I thought it was punishment - but I realized, the result is 10x sweeter than if life had just been pleasant. Its like climbing a mountain, there are times when you think if you have to go through another switchback, if you have to clamber over another rock, you'll give up but when you get to the top... ohhh, the view. It is worth every moment of torture.

A good friend of mine who has special needs children once told that God never gives us more than we can handle. There were times where I thought God had overestimated me but, in the end, those words of wisdom were true. His plan is so good.

7:54 a.m., June 22, 2006  
Blogger Nat said...

I'm glad things are working out now Linds - God sure is faithful even through the storm. Thanks for sharing about those kids, they sure sound cute. It's funny, now that I'm a pediatric nurse I'm turning into a kid magnet: last week at IKEA I had 3 kids come up to me . . . one even stroked my foot. weird, but cute. Anyway, I miss you, we should go get together soon.

11:47 p.m., June 22, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Kids are so great and so real. When God is whispering in their ears they really hear it. Aidan told me the other day that God always forgive him (so does Mommy by the way) and that it's ok to love God. Yep, it sure is! :-)

As for deserving it - you are one of the most deserving women I know and I have been blessed by your presence in my life.

11:36 a.m., July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home