Tuesday, June 20, 2006

As fast as a speeding sliver

Sorry faithful blog readers! I know I haven't been all that great at this the past bit but real life just moves way too fast and I don't want to miss out on the fun. There has been a plethora of random and weird these past few days. I need to get my butt in gear to go to work and I'm having some difficulty typing as I'm sort of down a digit so this'll have to be a quicky.

This weekend was filled with English Bay (the beach 2 nights in a row, I'm in heaven) and counting cars up at Thornhill. And then there was the cupcakes from Cupcakes on Denman. If you've never had them, you don't know what you're missing. It's never tasted so good to be so bad:) And we danced our cares away, worries for another day, let the music play, down at Fraggle Rock. TV was so fantastic when I was a child!

And then last night we got offered dope (their words, not mine...I always thought calling it 'dope' sounded lame...maybe because it is) on the pier at Rocky Point after some large-ish cueball-headed men informed us that there was a Bible belt in Maple Ridge while we were discussing the Stanley Cup (it's coming our way, thank you Andrew Ladd). I responded "There is?" and Mike told them "Yeah, it stretches all the way to Abbotsford". All this went down after I tried to stretch my back while sitting on the pier and ended up jamming a sliver under the nail of my right index finger. It went halfway up my nail. That hurt. And that's how I'm sort of down a digit because this morning it hurts too much to use. The only alright part is that you can see the track of the sliver still because it bled. Hey, if a stupid sliver hurts this much I don't want people to think I'm making this stuff up.

So much more I could write but I type with 2 fingers as it is and this getting ridiculous. Hope that's enough random to keep all y'all entertained for the time being.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

linds...
I hope that your finger feels better soon!

I miss you like crazy!
gotta go...
camp is calling!

10:24 a.m., June 20, 2006  
Blogger Sylvia said...

oh man. that sliver description made me shudder. that must have hurt. i thought the bible belt was only in abby and langley? doesn't the crystal meth-ness of MR kind of cancel that out?
Ah, I love Radiohead.

10:30 a.m., June 20, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

Thanks for being so awesome.

You let me take that sliver out like a champ.
Guys, I'm not gonna lie to you, this thing was in there deep.

And I feel the Bible belt is more along the other side of the river too, but try explaining that to 3 big guys with shaved heads drinking beer and toking up.

12:04 p.m., June 20, 2006  
Blogger heather said...

what can I add to this? nothing. nothing at all. it's all been said. doot doot doot.

how are we not close personal friends of the Barenaked Ladies? sometimes life just isn't fair

6:07 p.m., June 20, 2006  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

I bet we could be their muses...if only they knew. I bet they'll be sad when we finally do meet up with them and they find out how much fun we could have been having all this time.

7:29 a.m., June 21, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

I love it. Heather & Lindsey being Barenaked Ladies muses. Who thinks this stuff up? Wow. You two need to write a book. You would probably end up laughing too much to get much past the 1st chapter, but I would read it anyhow.

11:55 a.m., June 21, 2006  
Blogger 4ever29 said...

Your sliver story reminds me of Pastor Steve's splinter in his a** story on the weekend. I remember the days when D and I would spend hours at the beaches in Vancouver and Rocky Point. That was before kids, when we had less to worry about. Oh those were the days. Enjoy them while your life is less compicated and care free.

12:23 p.m., June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home