Friday, June 23, 2006

School's out for summer

Wow! What a magical mystery tour these past couple months at school have been! I've actually learned a few things along with the children...things about planets (Saturn's not the only one with rings!), bees (can we say proboscis?), fairy tales (there's over 700 versions of Cinderella), and kick-the-can (it had been so long that I forgot how to play). The children have taught me. They have taught me about humility, childlike prayer, and the blessings of a simpler faith. Today was the finale...until the grand re-opening in September.

Today I got a few gifts from the kids and I am still absolutely shocked by their thoughtfulness. Seriously, I've only been there about a month and a half! I've never been very good at opening gifts infront of large groups of people. I'm more a one-on-one gal where I feel I more sincerly express my joy and thanks...the large group and gift thing makes me feel awkward and nervous! So I was relieved that I didn't have to open anything infront of the class. I got an always welcome Starbucks card (you know who you are...thank you woman after my own heart!) and I'll put that to good use. Although coffee touches me, it was what was written inside that put a smile on my face a spring in my step:) And I got a potholder and oven mitt (ask me later). And a sweet little girl gave me gerber daisies! I let her know that they were one of my favorite flowers and that I had a vase at home that was special to me that I was going to put them in. The excited smile on her face when I told her that was more than enough.

And that concludes my rant on "A Couple of Months in Grade 2 Does a Soul Good". Here's looking at Grade 3 kids...cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

excellent song my dear... very hardcore. Isn't it funny how the young are so filled with wisdom and teach us so much? I think as we get older, it all goes downhill and we become less knowledgeable. Maybe cuz our brains get filled with ridiculous detail.

9:54 a.m., June 25, 2006  
Blogger heather said...

kids are so cute. i wish they didn't dislike me so much

2:14 p.m., June 26, 2006  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

Kids like you plenty...they think you're funny b/c when you talk to them you're such a "straight shooter", no candy coating here! And this is your summer of being Kid Intern Extrodinaire. Hey, you're the cool Sunday school teacher who let's them eat suckers and chases them...kids that age are into that sort of psuedo-illegal church thing.

4:04 p.m., June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home