Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Meanderings of a Quarter-Century Woman

Today is the day. The quarter-century has arrived. But I must admit that, for the most part, my lamenting has grown into a spirit of thankfulness and awe. It's no longer a giant centipede in stilettos chasing me down the beach but instead feels like an old friend of sorts and me walking in the breakers and laughing, sighing, and crying "remember when..."

I've been thinking back over some of my fondest memories and realize more and more that it's the people in my life that make my world. The experiences have been amazing, the adventures always welcome, but out of the memories that have come to mind over these past few hours I struggle to find one that involves only myself. In the midst of foreign lands I recall the people I met and the people I went to see and the way they still impact my life. In my everyday adventures at home I think of all the mayhem and of the miracles that have occurred in the comfort and confidence of my friendships here. I look in disbelief and awe at the ways God has carefully instrumented my family and friends in my life. How He, through them, has shaped me into who I am today and will continue to use them to shape me into who He has designed me to be. 25 is feeling good.

I know I've said this to some of you at one time or another, but know that each time I do it's the bona fide truth. I thank you for blessing me with the presence of your life in mine. Here's to another 25!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!! I'm glad I'm getting to know you now! May the next 25 (and beyond of course) bring you much happiness and wine. Oh and definitely broody, cute, quirky Seths. hmm... maybe Christian though...

11:44 p.m., February 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home