Wednesday, May 10, 2006

From the mouths of babes

Grade 2 has been a great experience. Over the past week and a half I've been getting to know these little kids. They've annoyed me, they've moved me, they've made me laugh, and they have melted my heart. All in just over a week! I'm looking forward to the rest of the year and beyond.

One of the teacher's is getting married this Saturday and the topic of discussion this week has often been on letting him know "how to be a good husband". One teacher even showed me a booklet she was making for him, compiled by her class. Who knew there was a manual?! Men, this looks like a train you might want to board (anyone know of the wife manual...). This morning "how to be a good husband" was the precise topic of discussion in class. The advice the kids gave ranged from "always remember your anniversary" to "share the remote" to "don't take up all the bed". All noteworthy pieces of advice but there were 2 in particular-one made me laugh, the other was so practical yet oddly sort of touching-that I thought I would share them.

It went a little like this:
"Johnny, what do you think Mr. Jones needs to do to be a good husband?"
"He should make sure that he takes his wife to dinner at McDonald's."

"Bob, what does Mr. Jones need to do to be a good husband?"
"Make sure he marries the right girl."

So there it is fellas: according to 7 and 8 year olds you need take the right girl to McDonald's and you'll be up for the "Husband of The Year Award"...or something like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

uhhh, can you perhaps illegally copy that book for distribution! Perhaps it would make a worthy blog! such brilliance must be shared. If only I'd had that 10 years ago... years of effort would have been saved. I know, I know, I have a good one, but ladies, he has been well shaped! Lets hope he doesn't read this, LOL!

4:01 p.m., May 10, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

That's cute.

Now I know what I've been doing wrong all these years. I've been taking girls to BP, Red Robin, Milestone's and various other restaurants. Who knew that all it took was taking the right one to McDonald's?

7:18 p.m., May 11, 2006  
Blogger Sylvia said...

that is so cute. hooray for children!

12:14 a.m., May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home