Saturday, May 13, 2006

Your Body is a Castle Fun Park

John Mayer reference, for those of you not in the know. Kudos to Jordan who made the Wonderland/Castle Fun Park connection some years ago (Je couer double entendre's...or however that's all spelt). In reality, Heather and Mike and I headed out to Jungle Mini-Golf at Castle Fun Park last night after Heather and I had enjoyed a birthday dinner with Sylvia. By the end of the night Mike was the only one who had his original orange ball. My green ball had turned blue and Heather's purple ball had morphed into pink. Both accounts of lost balls are attributed to my unstoppable urge to hit the golf ball as hard as I can when I play indoor mini-golf. I don't have the same urge when I play outdoor mini-golf or the couple of times I've played a real (albeit par 3) course. I can't explain it, but you know it's funny.

And then I thought I'd wake up at 7am before work and find a Martha recipe to try and top, or at least stay on par with, Edward the cheeseball snowman that was such a hit at the Manor Christmas party 2005. But once at the site I realized that Martha might have heard about my plans. My plans to, one day, overtake her empire.* This was confirmed by the fact that all I wanted was to hold onto my Manor Party food greatness (repeat performance via House Warming 2006 going down tonight) and everywhere I looked Martha was there, mocking my tired state. She wore me down. That domestic diva thwarted my plans-this time-but I have news for her...I made some yummy cupcakes! French vanilla cupcakes filled with either cherry or lemon pie-filling and topped with a sprinkle of icing sugar (shout out and thank you to Theresa who gave me the idea). I hope they're as well received as Edward, but I guess only time will tell! I make some pretty great regular, fancy frosted cupcakes so at least I'll always have those to fall back on should these go awry.




*This is only in jest. Martha doesn't seem to love life or people as much as me and I don't think I could live with myself if I really turned into her. I'm willing to entertain the very real possibilty that I've read Martha wrong but I think I speak for everyone who might have caught that made-for-tv-movie about Martha's life when I say "Psycho!" Essentially, I'm just crafty in more ways than one and could take over her empire if I so wished. It's a good thing...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Sounds like you are having way too much fun there Linds . . . so much fun that I haven't see ya round Emerge in a while . . . miss ya - hope to hang out soon. :o)

12:48 a.m., May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so um...

I am beginning to resent the "no blog" rep I have gotten!

Check it out, recent posts include:

"joel...your penis is on fire!"
and
Michelle 1, Smoke Alarm 0

2:18 a.m., May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home