Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sweet like candy to my soul

How did The Dave Matthews Band at The Gorge on Labour Day weekend rock my face off? Let me count the ways. This could take awhile...

1. We (Mike, Heather, and Michelle-the partially dread-ed) drove down to Everett on Friday night and camped at Lakeside RV Park. We pulled in around 10ish and the office was closed so we just set up camp and dropped money through the office slot in the morning as we also left before they were open. The bathroom doors all had those 1-2-3-4-5 code boxes on them and we had the wrong code so we all peed in the bushes. At one point Heather thought there was someone coming and somehow she managed to do up her pants and I didn't so I was running for all I was worth while holding my pants together and up. This situation was rectified in the morning when I waited outside the bathroom for about 10 minutes until some man with a cigar walked by and I asked him the code. I wanted a shower that bad. It was fantastic.

The only non-rock-my-face-off-moment was when Mike and I went to find out directions to the camp site at some gas station and when we came out I discovered that Heather farted on my pillow. I aired it out the window. It sucked. A lot.

2. We drove down to Seattle the next morning and hit Pike Place Market. Michelle and Heather stayed there while Mike and I walked over to EMP (the Experience Music Project). We saw lots of great things and the walk was very nice. We met back up with the girls at Pike Place and then we visited the very first Starbucks ever so I could buy a Pike Place Market-a.k.a. coffee mecca-Starbucks City Mug. We had lunch at the Pike Place Pub and shared a pitcher of Kilt Lifter beer. Good food, good brew, good people.

3. After we stopped off in Ellensburg to get guacamole supplies we drove on down to Vantage, a 'don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-it' type town. We set up camp and then headed to The Gorge for Dave. Mike didn't buy a ticket before and scalpers were, well, scalpers and wanted way too much so Mike made friends with a drunk guy named Pat while we were inside, preparing to have our faces rocked off.

4. Once inside we took up post on a rock ledge and yelled at people walking on the sidewalk below. We heard some great things, including: "I once ate a Bible while water-skiing" and some random guy who asked if we had pot for sale sang us a song and it went "Girls! From Canada! Look at these chicks! They're from Canada!" That was fantastic. Well, fast forward to Dave. It happened. He did it. He played 'Crash' for his second song and that's when I turned to Jell-o. It was unbelievable. The whole show was unbelievable. It was the best show I have ever seen in my life. He played a 3-hour set, including the encore. I'm still in shock. And when we got out of the show, my amazing man was waiting there for us to drive us back to the campsite.

5. That night Heather and Michelle made it back to the tent for 4:22am. The next morning they were not happy campers when we woke them up at 7:45am in order to get Heather back to Abbotsford to sing.

6. As we drove home, after McDonald's and Starbucks, I made guacamole in the front seat of Mike's car. We put it in the cooler and enjoyed it a little later. Some have said that it sounds gross (hey, I washed the veggies and my hands before). Let me inform you that it is amazing.

7. After we dropped off Heather and Michelle we headed right out to Cultus Lake to stay in a cabin with Michelle-she just plain rocks-and her family that we love so dearly. It was great to take a shower and relax a little and eat real food again. The dinner was so yummy! The next morning we got up and played some mini-golf at Giggle Ridge with their family, possibly the most fantastic mini-golf course in the land. It makes Wonderland look like mini-golf barfed all over it. It's that good.

If you've made it to the end of this, you're my new hero. Hey, its been awhile since I last posted (a real post) but I made it worth it:) I'm already plotting the Dave adventure for next year...all in favor, 'Stand Up'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:00 a.m., September 14, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good times, good times :-) (ok except for maybe the farting and in my case the nausea but still). Did I mention that I love you and the cupcake man?! You guys rock!!

10:00 a.m., September 14, 2006  
Blogger Mike H said...

OK, so now everybody on that trip has posted about Dave except me. I guess I better make it my next post.

10:11 a.m., September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home