Thursday, February 01, 2007

February, oh February

Goodness, I've really been slipping at this blogging thing. How does R do it everyday?! Life happens, you all know how that goes. My apologies.

It seems that January was barely here. I only realize all that's gone on when I look back. I was just settling in and, next thing I know, it's slipped through my fingers, replaced by the extra short February. February is a month of evaluation for me. It's my birthday near the end of the month so, for some reason, as soon as February hits I find that all my spare moments are spent evaluating the previous year. Today, for example, is the 1st of February and during my break I found myself thinking about where I was last year in life. Yesterday, January 31st, on my break I was thinking, carefreely, about the upcoming weekend.

Today I started having all sorts of questions reel through my mind that weren't there yesterday: How did I serve God this year? How did I make a difference in someone's life? What were my top 5 favorite adventures? If this past year was a rollercoaster, what shape would the track have? Did I remember to intentionally show people that I love them? How many bottles of wine did I drink? What didn't I do enough of? What did I do too much of? What do I hope to repeat? What do I hope to forget? Which were my favorite pair of jeans? Have I come closer to growing into the woman I want to be? I only have a few weeks left, what do I have left to do?

There's a glimpse into my mind for you.

Now, for something completely different, I have to get a pirate costume ready for tomorrow as it's pirate day at school. Then we have the worship social to attend so I need to get my clothes ready for that now or I could have a breakdown in the mayhem and accidently wear stretchy pants and nobody wants that. Thank goodness Mike can cook and will be taking care of that end of things for the social or we'd never make it. We'll be late, but we'll be there:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you coveted that stretchy white tube dress we saw at church a few weeks ago . . .

Deanna
PS Lay off the wine.

9:20 p.m., February 01, 2007  
Blogger Magnificent M said...

Well I for one have had the pleasure of witnessing how you serve God every day and I must say, I think you are doing good. You make a difference every day in many, many ways but one of the ways is simply as my friend. Have I told you lately how much I love you? :-) Salut! I'll raise a glass in honor of you anytime!

10:30 a.m., February 03, 2007  
Blogger 4ever29 said...

What a pleasure it has been getting to know you better this year. I think what I feel for you is Love Actually. Hope next year is filled with mor adventures, more love and more wine. Maybe some of that Rosemount Shiraz :)

12:00 p.m., February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cupcakeblog.com/

it will blow your mind

12:22 p.m., February 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home