Monday, February 05, 2007

My Inner 2 Year Old

After this weekend, my inner 2 year old is dying to get out. Not the sweet and cute 2 year old either...that one is being edged out by the 2 year old who's favorite word is 'no'. I need to harness that inner 2 year old and the ability to say 'no'. Life is so great (thanks in large part to Mike) and I love all that we're doing but I can't keep going at this pace and expect not to get sick again. I know in my head that need to say 'yes' a little less, but I'm having trouble connecting my heart with that concept.

Yikes. That all seems a bit ranty, but my inner child was throwing a tantrum today. I feel a little 'no' coming on:)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was going to ask you if you'd do some things for me:
-we need help getting ready for spring planting
-the calf pen needs to be cleaned out
-the pot holes need to be filled
-I have a jumper I cut out for Nadine last year - it still needs to be sewn
-the farmer's market needs a new executive
-the kid all have the stomach flu and Matt and I are due to get out a bit, wanna watch them?
-I'm typing an essay on the dry matter stuck between couch cushions and need a proofreader.

. . .
just kidding, but if you need to veg - feel free to stop by!
Deanna

9:38 p.m., February 05, 2007  
Blogger 4ever29 said...

With three children I am so used to hearing the word "NO" that I could totally handle hearing it from you.

10:37 p.m., February 05, 2007  
Blogger Magnificent M said...

go ahead... say it.... just DO it... life will continue. Just say no.

9:17 a.m., February 06, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

A song comes to mind...

"Shout NO! like you mean it, shout NO! and run away!"

(But if you do run away please come back because we like having you around.)

10:22 p.m., February 06, 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

I think I can see where you're coming from. It feels really weird now that I have a good reason to say 'no' to a lot of things. Now people don't ask me and I don't have the privilege of saying 'no'. I'm almost to the point I'll say 'yes' but not quite. I'm more at the 'maybe'.

My advice for you though is to not overdue it. Make sure people know how involved you are. There is something about that saying... A jack of all trades is master of none or something. Maybe pick one or two things you really enjoy - ministry wise or not.. and let people know you really want to focus on those. Mike can't be one of them...he's an added bonus.

12:19 p.m., February 07, 2007  
Blogger Mike H said...

Woohoo! I'm a bonus!

11:45 p.m., February 07, 2007  
Blogger Lindsey and Mike said...

You're the best bonus ever:)

4:36 p.m., February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home