Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I have internet!

I've emerged from my non-technological hovel. In some ways it feels good. Now I'm keeping up with the times. In some ways, ignorance was bliss. It was a nice break-I was so very happy to be nearly oblivious-but I'm glad to be back.

Monday night we were somebody's company. Tuesday night we helped celebrate Kirstin's 25th birthday at Milestone's. Thursday we're indulging in the Studio 60 series finale with Heather. Friday we're celebrating a good friend's 2nd anniversary of their 19th birthday. Saturday is the Celebration of Light. Remember back in the Benson and Hedges sponsorship "Symphony of Fire" days? Honestly, I liked that name better...more poetic. Then I begin the first week of 2 weeks of house sitting spread out at 2 houses. And the beat rolls on.

I think people who have their dogs riding in the box of their trucks are idiots. A well-respected former professor of mine once saw a dog dragged a few blocks before it's owner could be alerted to the result of his stupidity. I also feel that having any sort of fish on my car is not my thing. If people are going to hate my driving I think that's enough...I don't need to drag God into it to. And their are people who love God and evolution too, but I digress. Today I saw a man driving a pick-up with a yellow lab huddled against the tailgate...which was sporting an "evolution" fish. I don't hate evolution but, seriously, putting your pet back there? How's evolution working out for ya?

He was making a convincing case for primordial, single-celled pond scum.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome back! I'm so with you on the dog/truck thing. Every time I see it I cringe and worry, and mutter under my breath, trying to ensure the kids only hear "... shouldn't have the dog in the back of truck..." :-D

9:11 a.m., July 26, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yayy for internet!! Congratulations!

I want to add that people that take their dogs out on a small fishing boat with a motor, and get mad at it when it wants to see them on the other side of the boat, and pick said dog up and throw them to the front of the metal boat are also IDIOTS. Leave the dog at home if it's annoying you.
I yelled at him from across the river, but I don't think he heard me. I hope his dog bites him.

6:11 p.m., July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home