Monday, June 18, 2007

Mandy

Our family dog, Mandy (a Maltese), had not been doing very well for a couple of days. She had been put on antibiotics but they only seemed to make her worse. Yesterday (Father's Day) I had a teary voicemail on my phone after church letting me know that Dad would be taking her into the vet for 1:30. Mike drove me to my house so I could say my good-bye to our loyal and loving family pooch.

So ends a 15 year long era in my family's life. We are glad to know she isn't suffering-we loved her too much to allow that to go on. But it's Monday morning and she's not sitting at my feet while I type this and, although I know in my brain that this will pass, my heart is feeling a bit of a void.

5 Comments:

Blogger 4ever29 said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

8:24 a.m., June 18, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

My thoughts and prayers to your family. I know pets, especially ones that have been with you a long time, can be a devastating loss. She's just over the Rainbow Bridge - know you'll see her again. Love you.

8:37 a.m., June 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry about your puppy my friend. hugs from all of us balla's.

5:38 p.m., June 18, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this, how sad! I know this is coming for me as well, and it's heartbreaking. My prayers are with you. <3

9:26 p.m., June 18, 2007  
Blogger Magnificent M said...

ohhh, how sad... I can imagine how sad you guys are because I get very attached to my pets. I'm sorry for you loss, do take comfort that she isn't in pain anymore. 15 years is along time for a dog to live.

10:37 p.m., June 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home