Thursday, May 03, 2007

Say what?

Not much to report, just felt like blogging.

Heather and Michelle are in Europe. My black softshell jacket went touring Europe with Heather. I hope they are having a blast together.

With the weather the past couple of days, I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I've worn filp flops to work the past 2 days. Yes, through the rain, sunshine, clouds, blue skies and hail my shoes-or lack thereof-have endured. And my feet are oh so happy.

There were a few highlights from Brad's sermon last week that are worth noting. Mike and I actually took notes but they're at his house so I'll just muddle my way through.

-Recounting his first read through the Bible when he identified himself with the Pharisees and thought they were the "good guys": "Hey that's my team! Go Pharisees go! Go Pharisees g--Oh no! My team just killed God!"

-Referred to our brains as "Those 3 pounds of meat between your ears. Or as someone pointed out, it's more like 3 pounds of fat".

Yeah, that's our Brad, banging the gong for Jesus:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting as D'Arcy's FAVOURITE and most memorable part of Brads service was the brain comment and of course (being 1/2 scottish and all) loved his accent on the book of Habakkuk. See you soon.

7:31 p.m., May 03, 2007  
Blogger Mike H said...

I wrote down the Habakkuk one too.

12:12 p.m., May 04, 2007  
Blogger amelia said...

what about the part about Job (I'm not sure if he repeated this on Sunday, but for those at Saturday, they'll know) "The only thing Job had left was his wife, and she wasn't really a gift." I laughed...

1:52 p.m., May 04, 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm sorry I missed it, sounds like it might have been something I would have needed. I'll just have to get the tape. I love Brad and all his funnyness.

9:03 a.m., May 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home