Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mid-Week Review

It's one of those weeks that I can't wait to be over. It's not bad, it's just feeling long. There have been highlights (My man, R and her DH, Shannon, finding an outfit for Karin and David's wedding, coffee, the finance minister sending me a small cheque for overpaying on medicare, and more).

I had a Monday of a Monday: my hairdryer broke in the middle of styling my hair before work (suddenly cold air and the smell of burning), I went to do up my pants and when I grabbed the button it flew off (thanks Old Navy), and a severe headache due to dehydration capped the day off. The neighbor's house has a loose piece of siding that slaps around in the wind, making sleeping with an open window (which I love) a nightmare. If I had a long grabby thing I'd rip it off in the middle of the night...they'd never know. Anyone out there have a long grabby thing they want to lend me? I ripped a nail off pushing a kid at school on the swings. I've been slightly burned everyday at work (it's too hot to wear a jacket of any sort!).

I am doing well, just ready for this week to be done. Last week flew by, this one is dragging like an albatross around a marineer's neck. But I'm halfway through. That means it's closer to my fabulous friend Karin getting married to her marvelous man, David, completing their journey from "us-ness" to "one-ness" (in their words:). I'm very excited for them.

Well, I must be going to coffee with Kirstin, followed by a meeting.

Are we there yet? :)

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

linds-bo-binds

You´re gonna make it, I know you will! Sounds like life is tumbling along without us, as it should. We think about you all the time, in some ways you are the missing person on this trip, and I swear we find something in every shop that we look at and say "ha! that would be awesome to give to linds!" unfortunately we are poor and our bags are full and heavy, so we don´t buy any of that stuff. But I like to think it´s the thought that counts!

Keep on banging the gong for Jesus, my friend.

5:31 a.m., May 17, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hoorayyy it's Friday :D

9:42 a.m., May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home