Saturday, June 02, 2007

All the colors mix together to grey

So, in the midst of all this beautiful weather we're having, I go and break my baby toe on my left foot Friday morning. It's a lame story. I kicked a cardboard box full of stuff (for the move), by accident, while I went to put the ironing board away. I wasn't even moving fast and then I'm seeing stars. It's my first broken bone and I don't even get a good story. Sigh. Now it's swollen and the bruise is full of lilac, mauve, plum, mustard, crimson, and little veins of ruby. I'm looking forward to that healing muddle of grey. But the doctor said the pain should be better in 10 days when the bone fragments settle down, until then it's me and Advil. Keep an eye on Mike's blog. We took pictures of my toe last night.

I know it's not a big deal. I'm sure a lot of you have had broken toes. I'm just lamenting the fact that I wasn't doing something more excting at the time...like riding a rhinoceros.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sorry you broke your toe :-( but riding a rhino would have been cool! I say you just go with that story. LOL I pray that you'll heal fast and without a lot of pain.

9:13 p.m., June 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor little flower.....

10:08 p.m., June 02, 2007  
Blogger Joanne said...

Prayers being said for you and your toe....

4:32 a.m., June 03, 2007  
Blogger TrailerTrashed said...

Ouch! That hurts - I just thought mine was broken it hurt so much -but it turned out to just be a "sprain". Then I had to learn to quit using just the one big toe to depress my clutch.... Trailer Trashed. PS, I'd like to add you to my blog links if that's okay!

8:50 p.m., June 03, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

haha that reminds me of my sister this weekend, lamenting over her own injury story, although I thought it was pretty funny... No broken bones but she hurt her wrist when she slipped on the tiles by the front door. What did she slip on you ask? Dog pee. So gross. haha

Best wishes for you and your toe!

9:02 p.m., June 03, 2007  
Blogger heather said...

It would have been much more exciting if you were, say, in Amsterdam, and were trying to run across a street at night and rolled your ankle on the cobblestones and did a full somersault and got about 4 square inches of hardcore, badger bite worthy road rash on your knee and your ankle swelled up to the size of a grapefruit and you had to limp around on it for a couple days before it went mostly back to normal.

Oh wait, I've got the corner on that one.

Good to know we can be cripples together, on opposite sides of the globe.

2:41 a.m., June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home