Monday, August 27, 2007

Freud and Roy

A couple of my sister's friends are moving away and we hosted their surprise going away party on Sunday afternoon. I foolishly volunteered myself to BBQ for all these people after a week of camp and a weekend on worship team so my parents and sister could visit everyone.

Mike and I were having a conversation about wine with my Mom, who often mixes up her words. Right before we moved she was on the phone and got mixed up and informed the lady "I must have ADSL". My Dad later informed her that that was a computer term and she probably meant ADD but, just for good measure, asked her if she was high-speed or low-speed. On Sunday I was trying to inform her of the cunning genius of the Therapy vineyard and this is how our conversation went:

Me: "You know who Sigmund Freud is, right?"
Mom: "Oh yeah, yeah! He's the guy with the tigers!"
Me: "No, that's Siegfried and Roy, Freud was the grandfather of psychology."

Mike and I amost peed our pants.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

loooove it! Ahhh freud and some tigers... it'd be good but would never top Skinner with the rats and pigeons for me.... but then, I am rather biased to to the B.F. man

10:47 p.m., August 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home