Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Internet-Sminternet

So, apparently my high hopes of blogging something fierce once I got the internet under-estimated the nomadic-ness of the summer. I have house-sat for 3 weeks this summer. A week in Place A at the beginning of July and then a week in Place B at the beginning of August followed directly by another week in Place A followed directly by camping in the Okanagan for a weekend.

Inbetween, we've seen the fireworks (both the Saturday shows). The first time we went we had to leave late from our fair city (church commitments) but-no worries!-we were fortunate enough to have Wayne and his "Cone Zone". No lie, Mike's crazy friend had taken those mini, soccer-esque cones and sectioned off an entire section of False Creek, complete with the BC Power Smart light-up do-dads on top of each. Heather, Mike and I had quite a good laugh. Canada put on a fabulous show. We went to the Grand Finale with good friends Karin and David. This time we got there quite early and had a picnic dinner. Super good times. We've been to a couple birthday parties. We threw a bit of an impromtu BBQ complete with Guitar Hero and the piano/singing/interpretive dancing that Heather was mentioning in her blog.

Next week I'm getting in touch with the way my summer's used to be by volunteering at Timberline for the week...Mike-a.k.a. Pez-will be coming too, to see how it's done. Ahh, days spent relaxing at the rock wall and rappeling cliffs, chatting to the kids, trying to make it look like work. I can't wait. That's followed by a week at home only to break on through to the other side and be on our road-tripping way down to The Gorge to experience "Stompalooza". It's a whole weekend of Stomp tribute bands. Yeah right. We're going to see Dave! The Dave Matthews Band! If you're unfamiliar, please reference rants from previous August's.

As my man reflected driving home Sunday, the summer of '06 was the Summer of Mayhem, the summer of '07 has become The Nomadic Summer. And I'm off again...

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

No Lindsey at Kid's Club this year? No Mike? :-( I feel like I never see you guys anymore. I guess this blog explains it. Of course we were away too. #1 is at Timberline this week,so he's missed you as well. LOL I'm sure I will see you in September, although those ships are awfully big! LOL

6:30 p.m., August 14, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, that whole sad post should have ended with - I miss you! Love me.

6:31 p.m., August 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home