Thursday, August 16, 2007

I've made a bad choice

Bad is an understatement at this point and I need to rant. I just need to get it out.

After finishing off a fabulous day at work I thought "I think I'd like a hair cut". Maybe I should have stopped there...I don't know. I went to Great Clips. If you have an "I told you so" or "no wonder" kind of comment for me, kindly don't. My dear friend Cathy Jo works there but is gone for the summer. Apparently I should only go there when she is available.

I told the "hair dresser" (in quotes because I'm now doubting that's what she actually does) that I would like to keep the same style (that Jo gave me) just take some length and bulk off. What she heard was that she should take at least 2 inches off a couple of significantly large chunks of hair immediately so that it would be too late to go back. To top it off she was an over-sharer and thought that everything she had/did/accomplished needed to be announced in a loud voice so that everyone could hear. She shared, unsolicited, that she had recently lost 17 pounds in 7 weeks. I now realize it was all in her brain, poor girl.

The longest hairs I have on my head are 3 inches long...I just measured. I was in tears on the way home when my good friend Shannon passed me in her car and called me. She was the first person I talked to after my hair butchering. The gracious flower got an ear-full. This ranks with the spiral perm that went awry when I was 12.

Today I have made a bad choice. I plan to make better choices tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

I have seen the hair and it looks good. I understand your pain but know that no one is actually looking and thinking "ohhhhhh, bad choice". It looks very cute

8:40 a.m., August 17, 2007  
Blogger 4ever29 said...

I love you no matter how short your hair is.

10:55 a.m., August 17, 2007  
Blogger heather said...

oh man, I feel your pain, but I echo others' comments - my love for you is more constant than hair length.

2:49 p.m., August 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home