Friday, February 09, 2007

The Good News About the Bad News

For the past month-and-a-half or so, Zander (my Sportage) has been sounding a little...funny. I think it sounds like there is a bird caught in my engine. Mike has, on occassion, asked me if I chirped my tires. My parents think it sounds like a bucket of bolts. To try and remedy my ill-sounding ride I made a doctors appointment for Zander (a.k.a. Bay City Kia).

Yesterday, I bee-lined it from work to the gas station to Bay City to find that the dear girl on the phone Wednesday really meant Friday when she said they could get me in "tomorrow" at 3:30p.m. What kind of a post-modern world do we live in when "tomorrow" becomes relative? So the dear man there tells me that it's okay and they'll see what he can do. I tell him I thought it was my fan belt but my Dad WD-40 that and it still chirped and he thought it was coming from the air-conditioning unit. He turned the engine on and it sounded the best it has in about 2 months. Thank you Murphy('s Law). The dear man pulls out a stethascope-type contraption with something that looks like surgical tubing and a probe attached to it. Roswell called, they want their gear back. He listens to a thing or 2, hears nothing and turns the engine off.

He has a little look-see under the bonnet when he exclaims "There's your problem." Turns out the hub of my fan is cracked. Not cracked around, cracked across. I was amazed that the fan had stopped in just the right position so that the man could so easily see it. Thanks God! Turns out they also have just one fan in stock and they could get me in this Saturday at 2p.m. God is good.

The kicker is that my 5-year warranty is up on Monday, February 12th and this is covered under the warranty. I'm so thankful right now for God's provision. I stopped by the daycare to let Mike know what was going on and, as I danced a jig down the hall (quite literally, ask him), I said with a smile "Good news! My fan is cracked!" He gave me a look like I was cracked.

Zander's surgery is set to take a couple hours and then he'll be good as new...thanks be to God!

3 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

Well I'm glad it all worked out... the last thing you need right now is to relive the Ruth chronicles!

4:31 p.m., February 09, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Getting an appointment at that Kia is a bit of a wonderment (yes, I've been there and spent much time on their leather couches) but the service guys are great. Glad Zander will be happily and easily fixed.

5:08 p.m., February 09, 2007  
Blogger heather said...

Right now I'm watching Friends and Phoebe was on a date with a cop and she said "show me the badge again", which he did, and she giggled a bit and said "it's shiny".

I thought of you.

12:12 p.m., February 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home