Thursday, February 15, 2007

Look Out!

There seems to be a bit of poop hitting the fan this week. I just keep trying to duck.

On the other hand, highlights have included making heart-shaped marshmallows topped with chocolate ganache with R. She made the marshmallows and ganache earlier in the day Monday and then I came over to cut them out and help decorate. We already have plans for Easter. There was a surprise party for a friend at a yummy restaurant. Valentine's Day was great! Mike and his newly-engaged sister made an amazing dinner that us 2 couples enjoyed, topped off with blueberry cheesecake from Crumbs. Mike got me one of my favorite bottles of wine (that I'm usually too cheap to buy:), and some goat cheese, garlic, and my favorite crackers to accompany the bottle. Oh, and one of the greatest Valentine's Day cards ever...it involves The Muppets. All in all, a much needed, relaxing night in...loved it!!!

Valentine's Day at school was a different story. The children were all hopped up on sugar. One child lost a tooth (unrelated to the sugar). I settled into the general mayhem of the day by the time 9am rolled around. I couldn't fight it so I let it engulf me. While at R's house on Monday we helped her and her hubby make these great Hersey's Hugs and Kisses roses for her kids classes and there was enough left over to make them for my class, so we did. The boys spent recess dancing with each other with the roses in their mouths. One boy started sharpening the end of the bamboo skewer. I let him know that wasn't okay. I wanted to make a comment about not being in jail, but I controlled myself. Survey says: the roses rocked!

The past few days, I feel a little like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. It will be interesting to see how this week ends up. Until then, you can find me crouched behind anything. DUCK!

1 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

Nothing like making a shiv to celebrate the love of Valentines day!!! On a lighter note howz a bout we crack open some port on Sunday night after our skiing trip? Invite the cupcake man, maybe we can pull together some cheese, some roasted garlic and we'll relax and perhaps defrost in front of the fire. That should guarantee that the week ends on a high note. Let me know if that fits into your incredibly busy social life! :-)

12:09 p.m., February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home