Wednesday, April 04, 2007

8 & 9 year-olds and Easter

Well, I definately need to blog about the greatness of last weekend on the Island but I'm running short on time so this is just an inbetween post.

At school, we've been working on an Easter project and there was a rush to get it done today so it can be lamenated, seeing as there's no school on Friday. Due to the nature of the project, I found myself saying a lot of weird things and right at the end I lost it. I exploded in laughter and I couldn't stop. It didn't matter much because the classroom had previously discended into caos.

At the end of the day the children were cutting out pieces to assemble Jesus in a white robe with a purple sash. This included cutting out the body of the robe, 2 sleeves, a purple sash, Jesus' head and vague facial features (beard and mouth), 2 hands and feet, and a neck. Some of the phrases that came out of my mouth were:

-"Where's Jesus' neck?! It looks like he's slouching...Jesus doesn't slouch."
-After one child made a mess out of a sleeve, I had to cut off some length to fix it for him. While I fixed it for him I suggested that "Maybe you should take a little more time to cut out the rest of your stuff...now Jesus has a stubby arm."
-"Jesus' wasn't pigeon-toed...switch the feet around."
-"Could you move the tablet down to his hand? I'm not sure he made things float just for fun."

Hope you were amused. The next blog installment will include all our island adventures. You can read it sometime soon-ish.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for being the FIRST comment and hanging out with us yesterday with starbucks & fresh air!

7:32 p.m., April 04, 2007  
Blogger Magnificent M said...

one time, in preschool, a teacher said "Easter is about Jesus" and this particularly rebellious 3 year old screamed out "NO ITS NOT!!!!" He wasn't actually one of my "friends" but in retrospect, perhaps he should have been. It took major cheek suckage for me to maintain composure.

4:45 p.m., April 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home