Monday, February 26, 2007

Champagne

Quarter Century: I came, I saw, I conquered.

26: Bring it on.

I think today is the first birthday of mine that it's ever snowed. I wonder if I'll be able to metaphorically use that to describe this next year exactly a year from now? I was thinking about the year I just had when I should have been trying harder to sleep last night. I was mostly having a chuckle at all the less-than-ideal situations and counting my blessings for all the unexpected and better-than-I-had-anticipated situations.

I have had the vast blessing of continued friendships, the privilege of reconnecting with a couple of old one's, and the delight of making some new one's. I have a family that I love and that loves and cares for me too. I have a man who is more and better than I could ever hope for. I have my God who is faithful and sustains me each and every moment. I love my job. Life is good.

Thank you to all of you out there who have contributed to my journey. I thank my God for you often.

Cheers!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I have something for you but since I won't see you until the weekend I sent you something else by email.

Lots of love from all of us here!

4:34 p.m., February 26, 2007  
Blogger 4ever29 said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey! I hope that this year is a great one.

8:03 p.m., February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers! Happy Birthday!

8:11 p.m., February 26, 2007  
Blogger Magnificent M said...

Happy birthday velvet queen! I for one have really enjoyed getting to know you so bring on 26, it only gets better every year baby! Your sentiments about your man made me say "ahhhhwwww".

8:23 p.m., February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I KNEW I should've picked up those fun little cupcake liners that said . . .

Cupcake! with little pictures of cupcakes.

Anyway, hope your birthday was wonderful, and yeah, I wouldn't want to go back to my early 20s for nothin'!

Deanna

10:56 p.m., February 26, 2007  
Blogger Mike H said...

Hey hottie, Happy Birthday.

I still believe that actions speak louder than blog comments though.

Let's go have some champagne!

6:45 p.m., February 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home