Sunday, February 18, 2007

Date, With a Side of Random

So I had heard about a little place in Fort Langley that sells cupcakes and tea and such and since we all know my man loves cupcakes I thought "If we walked over the ferry and into Fort Langley, I bet that would make a nice afternoon date." And on Saturday, that's exactly what we did. It did not go exactly as we envisioned but we had a good time.

It began by walking to Tracycakes. We entered a tiny tea room, decked out in a black-and-white, Perisian-type decorated room. With old ladies in it. We sat down at a glass-topped bistro tabled and ordered some of my favorite tea ever (Mighty Leaf Tea, Tropical Green Tea) and odered some turkey sandwhiches because Mike was starving. I kept apologizing to poor Mike. I felt out of place, how did he feel?! The sanwhiches came and Mike described them as "$7 sandwhiches that we could make at home for $3"...yummy, but not at all filling. They would turn out to be our appetizer. Then we had a cupcake each. Dense cake, dense icing, we prefer the home-made variety to these. After leaving the place, Mike says "I felt like I was going to break the place" to which I concur "Me too!". I also agreed with him that it's the closes to Starshollow (Gilmore Girls) we've ever experienced.

Time to make this up to Mike. We stop in at The Fort Pub where he orders a large, beefy burger and a pint of Sleeman's Honey Brown. Back on the Testosterone Trail. I had some soup. Some Lions guys came around selling meat draw tickets. I had never entered one before so we buy some tickets and came 2 numbers away from winning. Gross.

After we were done there we headed back to the ferry and vowed never to go to Fort Langley on foot because it's weird. But later on we decided it was okay for us to travel on foot if we were going to Wendell's because it's not weird and we know that. We spent the afternoon being fish out of water, in both cases probably being to young to be at each place, but we had a blast. Wish we had a camera to chronicle it for you all. Maybe next time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Fort Langley is weird for me too but only because I went to 'Spill the Beans' for both a first date and a breakup. Long story.

10:49 a.m., February 18, 2007  
Blogger Mike H said...

... Then we went and babysat the mini Puffs.

6:17 p.m., February 19, 2007  
Blogger that girl possessed said...

was the cupcake place in a little house? if it is, then you went to the little white house (no lie, thats the name, not really creative) and it sells mostly antiques and the cupcake store a new addition. surprisingly, the store is quite popular and not just with elderly woman.

but if you are looking in fort langley for a really cute and unique store, in the little strip mall beside the little white house is a store called papermoon. it's sensational for cute bags, stationary and random other things. also cute baby bibs.

8:43 p.m., February 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home