Monday, March 26, 2007

Busted

This weekend was a busy but great one. We spent Friday night with some good food, great wine, fantastic people and their adorable wee ones, finishing off with a round of Scrabble. I haven't played that game in a very long time. Mike rocked the house. I got slayed. Saturday I ran around looking for a wedding present for this next weekend and then hustled to church to sing. After, we hit the Frogstone Grill with Mike's parents, his sister, and a couple of other friends. Yummy food (as always) and good times.

Sunday we had lunch at the Frogstone Grill. 2 times in less than 24 hours. That's a lot of awesome. While we were waiting for a table the manager lady (she's one of our favorites) came up to us and asked if I had written about a tea pot and quesadilla on the internet. I said I didn't think I had...and then it hit me...I posted about it on my blog! I had told her about the less than great experience Mike and I had at the Coquitlam Frongstone (see post titled "I just wanted more hot water" 11/09/06). Apparently the owner was searching the internet to see what people are saying about the Frogstone (and there is a lot being said) and what I had wrote got printed out and put up in the back and when she saw "Mike" and "quesadilla" she suspected me right away (I always give Mike's name for wait lists).

Mike and I thought it was absolutely hilarious. His response was "You're famous!". Yes, we are familiar faces to a few people there. But why stop a good thing?

Side note: Our favorite meal there is the mini-quesadilla (chicken for the chick and beef for the boy), easy onions, with ceasar and a "Heck yes!" to guacamole (we learned everything we know about guac from the Frogstone). And before Heather headed east, she and I would frequent that place nearly every Sunday after church. She rides the quesadilla train too, but sometimes she branches out.

Save the tofu! Have a quesadilla.

4 Comments:

Blogger Magnificent M said...

their quesadillas rock. I really loved their veggie burger and their salmon. We used to go there for breakfast too - not the usual eggs and hashbrowns thing there. And the kids like the green frogs at the end.

4:28 p.m., March 26, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

I like that you can get half fries, half caesar salad. That equals a whole lotta awesome.

7:53 p.m., March 26, 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

Did you know that Todd judged at a church function once? He's so great, but his restaurant is freakin' awesome.

9:05 p.m., March 26, 2007  
Blogger heather said...

this is a great story. did you score free food for it? you should have. man, it's been awhile since I enjoyed some frogstone cuisine. yum.

10:55 p.m., March 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home